Your home is more than just a place to live; it’s also one of your largest investments. If you plan to sell your home anytime in the near future, then we have some great remodel ideas to help you outshine your competition and have the best ROI.
- Eco-friendly homes bring in a higher value: Going green can mean more green in your wallet. Our modern society is eco-conscious and for good reason, we need to take care of the earth, and there are several options for you to choose from to do your part. From water saving plumbing fixtures to tank less hot water heaters, investing in the earth can add value to your home. Choose rapidly renewable resources for finishes like bamboo flooring and opt for systems that save on energy costs. Regardless of the method, green living upgrades are always worth the investment and will lower your utility costs in the mean time.
- Invest in curb appeal: To be able to meet the demands of the average homebuyer you will need to create curb appeal. A well-manicured lawn, trimmed landscaping and clean drive and sidewalks will help bring greater buyer appeal, and in turn will add value on to your home. Keep your flowerbeds free of weeds and full of thriving and colorful plants. Nothing says ‘buy me’ like a front yard that has quality upkeep behind it. This is especially important in the spring and summer months.
- The more closets the better: Storage space is often at the tops of buyer’s wish lists. The more storage you can provide the more value you add on to your home price. Make sure that when you show potential buyers your home that closets are fully functioning and not packed to the brim so that they can get a good look at how much the storage closet can hold. When choosing how to upgrade your home, storage is one of the easiest and often overlooked suggestions.
- Update kitchen appliances: The most sought after room in your home is the kitchen. It is worth the most per square foot and will make the difference of your home appealing to buyers or not. If your appliances are more than 3-5 years old consider updating them but remain budget conscious. A newer model, a more designer finish, or more features will help homebuyers take a second glance at your kitchen. For top of the line appliances consider stainless steel and professional series lines.
- Flooring is a forgotten upgrade: The rule of thumb for flooring is the more resilient and long lasting, the higher the upgrade is, and higher is return is on investment (ROI). Vinyl flooring and low-end carpet is at the bottom of the upgrade spectrum. Consider wood, tile, and natural stone for flooring options to add value to your home.
Spend the money now to invest in your home. The value that you create now will increase in time. Even if you don’t plan to sell your home soon, you will enjoy the upgrades that are made and in turn will add value to your own life. Use these 5 tips to increase the value of your home and enjoy the process.
Here at Remodel West (RW Custom) we are experts in remodels and additions… If you can envision it for your house, we can make it happen – and even better than you imagined. We at Remodel West are excited to be you northern Utah custom homebuilder. We look forward to helping you and any of your friends and loved ones with their building projects. Please contact us anytime at 801-394-1332 or email us at Info@RemodelWest.net