One of the simplest ways to give your home an updated look is to give the walls a fresh coat of paint. Adding a pop of color is a hot trend for both the housing and fashion industries this year.
What colors are the most popular right now?
Here are the top 5 color trends:
- Big Blues: There are three heavy weights in this category; the first is Wythe Blue, which is a calm blue that resembles a soft robin’s egg blue. The second is Montpelier, which is almost grey in color. Montpelier, like Wythe, was described as having a “timeless quality.” The third is Amethyst Shadow, which you can probably guess from the name is on the purple end of the blue spectrum. Also bordering on the gray scale, Amethyst Shadow bridges the gap between purple and blue.
- Great Grays: Rich and smoky, soft and dreamy, shades of Stardust, Sharkskin, Nimbus Gray, and Revere Pewter these are all categorized as “hot” grey colors.
- Soft Neutrals: The colors that never go out of style are the whites and neutrals with whispering shades like Ballet White, White Dove, Refined and Pashmina.
- Color Kick: Those who like to walk on the wild side will love the spicy burst of color offered by colors like Gypsy Love and Persimmon.
- Mother Earth: The warm safety of earth tones make a big play in the 2012 palette. The economic downturn means that consumers are more likely to play it safe in terms of color in times of financial uncertainty. Tones here include Masada, Farm Fresh, Dunmore Cream and Fresh Olive.
We hope this list can give you some inspiration to update your home this spring. Remodel West has a team of professionals that offer top quality paint and techniques to have your home looking better than ever in 2012.
Here at Remodel West (RW Custom) we are experts in remodels and additions… If you can envision it for your house, we can make it happen – and even better than you imagined. We at Remodel West are excited to be you northern Utah custom home builder. We look forward to helping you and any of your friends and loved ones with their building projects. Please contact us anytime at 801-394-1332 or email us at Info@RemodelWest.net