Moving away from a home you love simply because your family has outgrown it, can be an unpleasant emotional experience. Instead of buying an expensive new home, moving your kids away from their school and friends, and going through the stress of a move; try adding on to your home instead! There are several benefits of building an addition on your home, and summer is the perfect season to get started!
Here are some of the advantages of building additions on to your home:
- Less Expensive than Purchasing New House: While this might seem like a “no-brainer,” it needs to be mentioned. It is typically cheaper to build an addition on your existing home, than to buy a new home that equals the space of your house plus addition. Also, the closing costs involved with selling your old house and buying the new house pushes this option over the top.
- Addition is 100% Your Creation: You may have an old house, but the addition is space that you can claim as your own. It’s like designing a whole new house without the expense of a whole new house. A professional design team can give you a slice of your dream home with your addition.
- Smartest Way to Add Space to House When you objectively look at the other methods of adding space to your home, addition-building clearly comes out ahead of other methods, such as basement or attic remodeling or adding a sun porch.
- More Living Space: Whether you’d like to have an extra bedroom, a larger kitchen, or an entire second story, home addition services are what you need. Now you’ll be able to get that dream kitchen, private home office, or master suite you’ve always dreamed of without having to move out of the neighborhood and area you love. Home additions are particularly good when you’re planning on expanding your family, starting a home business, or need extra storage space.
- Increase Your Home’s Value: Adding on to your home is a great way to continue to invest in your home’s value. As the housing market returns to normal, your home additions, remodeling, and renovations will pay off in a higher home value. This is a great option for homeowners who are interested in selling their home in the future, but need to stay put for a little while longer.
If you have been thinking about adding on to your home, we hope this list helped make your decision easier. Building an addition gives you the feeling of a new home without the stress of house hunting and moving.
Here at Remodel West (RW Custom) we are experts in remodels and additions… If you can envision it for your house, we can make it happen – and even better than you imagined. We at Remodel West are excited to be you northern Utah custom home builder. We look forward to helping you and any of your friends and loved ones with their building projects. Please contact us anytime at 801-394-1332 or email us at Info@RemodelWest.net